Know the Facts about Autism:
- Autism is a developmental neurological disorder that can cause significant social, communication, and behavioral challenges.
- The learning, thinking, and problem-solving abilities of people with autism can range from gifted to severely challenged.
- 1 in 68 children are diagnosed with autism.
- Autism is diagnosed four times more often in boys than girls.
- We are unsure what causes autism, but scientists agree that genes are one risk factor that can make a person more likely to have autism.
- There is no medical detection or cure for autism. However, early intensive intervention can alleviate symptoms of autism.
- Autism varies greatly from person to person... no two people with autism are alike.
- Autism is the fastest-growing development disability.